Learn more about our response to COVID-19.
ID Theft Fraud Expense Coverage
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists is pleased to announce the continuance of the Identity Theft Fraud Expense Coverage purchased from Travelers Insurance.
The College has elected to renew this offer and extend coverage from July 1 through June 30.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) estimates that as many as 9 million Americans have their identities stolen each year. This NO COST Identity Theft Fraud Expense Insurance coverage from The College reimburses identity theft victims for the following:
- Lost wages as a result of time taken off work to deal with the fraud, including wrongful incarceration—up to $1000 per week for four weeks (lost wages have been cited as the biggest headache for victims of identity theft)
- Notary and certified mail charges for completing and delivering fraud affidavits
- Fees to re-apply for loans that were denied due to erroneous credit information from identity theft
- Long distance telephone charges for calling merchants, law enforcement agencies, or credit grantors to discuss an actual identity theft
Attorney’s fees incurred, with Travelers’ prior consent for
- Defending suits brought incorrectly by merchants or their collection agencies
- Removing criminal or civil judgments wrongly entered against the victim
- Challenging information in a credit report
Click here to download your ID Theft Insurance Certification.
To Report a Claim call 800.842.8496.